This is the Archive site for Firedoglake. To go to the main site please click on the following link
http://www.firedoglake.com

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Art of The Corner



Before I start to write anything about those fine thinkers at The Corner I go and re-read this post by TBogg to put me in the right frame of mind.

Never has anyone so artfully captured the intellectual elegance, the artful expression and the profound depth of thought offered daily by the fine thinkers at The Corner.

This post, "Flowers for Goldberg," is also up for a Koufax this year. I would like to express my profound gratitude for all the inspiration it has given me since its publication on May 1, 2005 by recommending that you read it and consider voting for it (also up for best series, "Jonah Goldberg Series").

For all they do for us at The Corner, it's the least we can do for them.

Update: The Wampum link for Jonah Goldberg Series isn't right, here are the actual links:
. Part One - Jonah and the Ocean of Lotion ("This pudgy slightly damp man who smelled of Ding Dongs and Hai Karate and danger...")
. Part Two - Doughy Pantload Tonight ("Look, lady," Jonah said to her, "is there anything here besides yourself, the Stargate and the sarcophagus and those donuts on that table over there? Because we're tired, we're hungry and I left my asthma puffer in my other pants")
. Part Three - It Was A Dark and Jonah Night (He was about 5' 7", scruffy brown hair, little piggy eyes, garbed in Dockers and a black Billy Joel River of Dreams tour t-shirt that was bunched up around his man-boobs.)
Once again, I'm not worthy.

|