This is the Archive site for Firedoglake. To go to the main site please click on the following link
http://www.firedoglake.com

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Real Family Values




Uncle Dee and his crew

My Uncle Dee weighs in on the State of the Union address:

I didn't even watch any of the speech because of my weak stomach.  I get queasy just listening to him.  This administration has hyped the private enterprise junk more than any I ever remember.  It is neither private nor enterprising.  It is giving the government to the highest bidder and unfortunately the poor and downtrodden do not have the money to get in on the bidding.  I too am glad to be out of the job market.  Higher education has lost its zeal for teaching and placed emphasis on "research" that is 80 or 90 percent crap.  I'll stop before I do any more sermonizing.

|