This is the Archive site for Firedoglake. To go to the main site please click on the following link
http://www.firedoglake.com

Sunday, February 06, 2005

What I Did During the Superbowl



photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
me & Pasini

For my drawing class we were supposed to choose an artist and duplicate one of his or her drawings. I chose 19th century Orientalist Alberto Pasini. One of the New York Times "Notable 100" books of 2004 was a book called The Undressed Art: Why We Draw, by Peter Steinhart, about how a modern renaissance in drawing is upon us, led not by professionals but by amateurs. He talks about the nude drawing classes that have been popping up all over the country recently, and I have been going to one every Wednesday afternoon for several months now. It consistently amazes me how creatively enriching it is. It is also the one day a week I drink coffee, so maybe much of my enthusiam is caffeine fueled. But what the heck.

Oh yeah and whenever someone scored a touchdown I watched the game.

|