This is the Archive site for Firedoglake. To go to the main site please click on the following link
http://www.firedoglake.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's a Jungle Out There



Can I just say it is absolutely crazy out there? Nobody involved in this little drama (except, we presume, Fitzgerald) has any clue what the hell is going on. I called around trying to nail down the CNN story about Rove's attorney, Robert Luskin being deposed last Friday and nobody else had even heard of it. My hunch is it's true, however, especially in light of what I suspect -- Vivac's and Luskin's recollection of when the conversation in question took place is quite different. Although the NYT originally reported that the conversation took place in "summer or early fall," sources there say that they now concur with the Dec. 3 WaPo story which reported the conversation took place prior to Rove's February grand jury appearance. Which blows Rover's defense all to shit.

Vivac's account will probably go up on Time's website this weekend. No news on the Woodward front. I'll give him this much, Woody seems to be as leak-proof as Fitzgerald.

Update: When I called NYT to ask what they'd heard about this CNN Luskin thing earlier in the day, they hadn't heard anything. But I just got this email from them: "hey, guess what, CNN was right about luskin's deposition." So there you have it.

|