This is the Archive site for Firedoglake. To go to the main site please click on the following link
http://www.firedoglake.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

There Goes the Neighborhood



I know this will send the wonks into fits of hyperventilation about the interstate commerce clause, but I find it highly ironic that per the Supreme Court terminal patients can now end their lives but they can't smoke weed to make their pain more bearable.

And how about that charmer John Roberts, eh? The one who said only months ago he probably wouldn't vote against assisted suicide -- and then he did.

Maybe we can work up a few more bold headlines about how Strip Search Sammy is going to keep an "open mind" about abortion. 'Cos I know the Senate Dems are meeting tomorrow to see if they have the 41 votes or not and those always make me laugh 'til I cry.

|